Are you searching for the Best Solar Pool Heaters?
We have spent close to 27 hours doing our own research and gone through more than 100+ solar lights to find the best of the best solar pool heaters.
We’ve also gone through a handful of solar industry resources and research papers in order to find out what to look for when it comes to choosing the most reliable and best solar pool heaters.
It was getting confusing so we even ended up working with a Certified Mechanical Engineer who has been working with one of the most reputed companies in the Solar Energy space. Our team worked with him and one of his friends who is a solar panel technician and altogether we curated a list of following 11 solar pool heaters.
Top 11 Solar Pool Heaters Reviews
What Factors We Considered For Choosing These Solar Pool Heaters:
We couldn’t agree on which features to look for when curating this list, so each of us made our own list and combined together so we don’t miss out on anything from that. After combining a mega solar power feature list, our Solar Power Expert came up for the following essential list of features that no one should ignore.
Brightness Of The Light
Ease Of Use
Ease Of Installation
Best Solar Pool Heaters – Top 11 Reviews
We had to look at so many factors and a wide range of variations when we were curating a list of best of the best solar pool heaters. Apart from the usual features, we also considered other important aspects such as price, material, warranty period, feedback from other customers, etc. and came up with the following list. We have spent hours doing research on hundreds of products and have handpicked these solar pool heaters. It was like going back to the school or university and work on a research paper but we’ve finally done it. We hope you’ll find something from our list you’ll like.
- Simple DIY installation; for in ground or above ground pools
- Installs on roof, rack, ground or fence
- Patented web design for maximum exposure to sun's rays
- Uses existing pool pump
- Raises pool water temperature 6-10 degrees F
- Power Source Type: Manual
- MADE IN USA
- ATTRACTIVE BLUE DESIGN - Sun2Solar solar blankets are made from a film of thousands of tiny bubbles, which work together to collect and retain heat both at night and on those chilly days. The blue color provides an appealing look while also using the sun’s rays to help warm your swimming pool.
- MINIMIZE WATER EVAPORATION - The use of a solar cover helps in preventing up to 95% of pool water evaporation. When not enjoying a refreshing swim, keeping your pool covered lessens the vast amount of water lost into the environment. Fill up your swimming pool less and enjoy it more!
- JUMP INTO WARMTH - Show friends and family your bravery by jumping in without the standard toe dip. Enter the swimming pool confidently knowing the Sun2Solar solar cover has kept the water warm just for you. It’s easy to put on and take off allowing more time for showing off.
- HEAT RETENTION - After everyone has called it a day with wrinkled fingers from too much fun in the sun, make sure to place this solar cover back atop the water. Don’t lose all of that warmth generated throughout the day when the sun sets. Assure your pool’s temperature does not drop too much by protecting it at night through use of a solar blanket.
- TRIM TO FIT - Your pool may be uniquely shaped and getting the right fit is as easy as finding a marker and sharp pair of scissors. Have the bubbles facing down to the water and trace a line on the cover showing where you should cut off the additional material. Do so confidently knowing this won’t affect the manufacturer’s warranty---they understand.
- ☀️ Heat your pool in the environmentally friendly way, No electricity or gas connections
- ☀️ Extend your swimming season with warm water and heat your pool to a warm, comfortable temperature
- ☀️ Space saving and aesthetically pleasing when compared to solar panels
- ☀️ A protective cover is included to protect the dome when not in use
- ☀️ Solar powered swimming pool heater, Connects to 1.5 inch hoses
- Keep your pool warm with a polypropylene heat collector. Direct Flow System - One Header Hole for Each Heating Tube
- Solar heater features 80 square feet of solar panels
- Pool accessory is perfect for heating any in-ground swimming pool
- Panel array measures 4 feet wide x 20 feet long. Raises Pool Water Temperature 6-10°F (4-6°C)
- Installation kit required (Sold Separately)
- Solar Sun Rings are passive solar swimming pool heating devices, constructed from two layers of UV resistant vinyl
- The upper clear layer directs the suns rays onto the bottom blue layer which absorbs about half of the sunlight, converting it to heat
- The remaining sunlight filters through the ring into your pool water
- Do not over inflate or use as a flotation device
- Coverage: Solar Sun Rings are warrantied to be clear of manufacturing defects for two years and is limited to materials and workmanship.
- HEAT YOUR POOL - Solar Sun Rings are passive solar swimming pool heating devices, constructed from two layers of U.V. resistant vinyl. The upper clear layer directs the suns rays onto the bottom blue layer which absorbs about 50% of the sunlight, converting it to heat. The remaining sunlight filters through the ring into your pool water.
- WARMING DISCS - The majority of heat loss from a pool comes from the water surface at night. Solar Sun Rings do not cover the entire surface of your pool; therefore it allows heat to escape. To help keep the warm water in your pool at night we recommend you use additional insulation such as solar fish or a solar blanket.
- WHAT'S INCLUDED - Each unit contains 6 magnets that are used to attach the rings together. Do not over inflate. Do not use as a flotation device.
- SOLAR ACTIVATED - Use the Solar Sun Rings to provide heat to your swimming pool from the sun. Swim comfortably without wasting energy
- PLEASE NOTE - These Solar Sun Rings are NOT a solar cover or a replacement for a solar cover. These are floating disc heating devices.
- Eco-friendly solar technology increases temperature of the pool water by approx. 3 ~ 5 DegreeC (5 ~ 9 DegreeF) depending on weather condition.
- Simple hook up, compatible with filter pump up to 1/2 hp or pump flow rate < 2500 gal/hr (9463 L/hr).
- Suitable for above ground pools up to 8000 gal (30,280L). 1m sq (11ft sq) surface to absorb sun's rays.
- 1 ¼” (32mm) hose attachment points, includes 1 adaptor A and 1 adaptor B for 1 ½” hose connection.
- Includes: 0.5m (1 1/4" / 32mm diameter) connecting hose. Bypass valve. Dimensions: 1.2m X 1.2 m / 47 1/4in; X 47 1/4in.
- SOLAR POOL HEATER – The SunHeater Solar Pool Heating System allows you to capture free heat from the sun’s rays to effectively raise your pool water temperature. It’s an efficient and cost-effective method to heat your pool.
- EXTENDS POOL SEASON – Your pool’s pump pushes the water through the panel’s many tubes where it’s warmed by the sun and then returned into the pool. This system can raise the water temperature 6-10 degrees F and extend your pool season by weeks!
- EASY TO INSTALL – This pool solar heater uses your existing filtration system and has 4 end caps, 2 elbows for flex hose connection, 6 stainless steel hose clamps, 1 roll of Teflon tape, and rubber connector hoses.
- TUBE ON WEB DESIGN – The tube-web-tube design allows the SunHeater to capture the most sun possible, maximizing square footage. It offers rigid flexibility, allowing panels to expand and contract with changing temps, giving it the strength needed to last.
- DIMENSIONS – The SunHeater Solar Pool Heater includes two 2’ x 20’ panels, made of durable polypropylene. It’s a universal system that works for pools up to 31’ round or 18’ x 36’.
- POOL HEATER: Easily heat up your above-ground swimming pool with environmentally-friendly solar panel
- WARMS WATER: Pool pump effortlessly circulates water through the heated solar collector
- TILTED SYSTEM: Performs most effectively when tilted 10 to 30 degrees to the South
- FLEXIBLE MOUNTING: Conveniently mounts on the ground, on a rack, or nearby roof
- KIT REQUIRED: Includes 1 2-foot-wide by 20-foot-long Solar Cub heating system; installation kit required
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Manufactured from high-grade materials proven to last in all types of weather and withstand the harsh conditions of a rooftop for up to 15-20 years. Each panel is put up against more than 40 quality control inspections throughout the entire manufacturing process to ensure the final product.
- MANUFACTURED TO LAST: Made from precompounded polypropylene, significantly increasing the materials resistance to UV light and lengthening service life substantially. This manufacturing process eliminates the inherent quality issues that plague cheaply manufactured products which typically see a lifespan of only 1-2 years (more in description).
- HIGHEST PERFORMING DESIGN: Constructed in a tube-and-web design which allows for normal expansion and contraction as the panel heats and cools, extending service life. A direct, metered manifold delivers a balanced flow through the collector and prevents hot-spots. These panels must be installed vertically for optimal performance and drainage.
- ASSURANCE GUARANTEED: Each panel is guaranteed to be free from manufacturer defects, withstand the effects of freezing weather and will not fail from corrosion or scale deposits in the walls of its water passages (5-year full / 10-year limited).
- DO IT YOURSELF: Includes everything you need to mount the solar panels to a roof or rack, secure with hold down strapping, make connections to and from each solar panel, complete water connections to the system's supply and return plumbing lines, and the components necessary to allow gravity drainage of the panels and piping.
So, what do you think? Which one do you think is the best solar pool heater?
Please leave a comment and let us know which solar pool heater did you end up purchasing and what made you choose that particular pool heater?
Also interested in learning about other types of Solar Powered Products and a wide range of Solar Powered Lights? We’ve got you covered, check out our Home Page for other hand-picked lists of solar-powered lights and you can learn more about our team of solar energy experts and curators on our About Us page.