Are you searching for the Best Solar Pool Heaters?
We have spent close to 27 hours doing our own research and gone through more than 100+ solar lights to find the best of the best solar pool heaters.
We’ve also gone through a handful of solar industry resources and research papers in order to find out what to look for when it comes to choosing the most reliable and best solar pool heaters.
It was getting confusing so we even ended up working with a Certified Mechanical Engineer who has been working with one of the most reputed companies in the Solar Energy space. Our team worked with him and one of his friends who is a solar panel technician and altogether we curated a list of following 11 solar pool heaters.
Top 11 Solar Pool Heaters Reviews
What Factors We Considered For Choosing These Solar Pool Heaters:
We couldn’t agree on which features to look for when curating this list, so each of us made our own list and combined together so we don’t miss out on anything from that. After combining a mega solar power feature list, our Solar Power Expert came up for the following essential list of features that no one should ignore.
Brightness Of The Light
Ease Of Use
Ease Of Installation
Best Solar Pool Heaters – Top 11 Reviews
We had to look at so many factors and a wide range of variations when we were curating a list of best of the best solar pool heaters. Apart from the usual features, we also considered other important aspects such as price, material, warranty period, feedback from other customers, etc. and came up with the following list. We have spent hours doing research on hundreds of products and have handpicked these solar pool heaters. It was like going back to the school or university and work on a research paper but we’ve finally done it. We hope you’ll find something from our list you’ll like.
- Simple DIY installation; for in ground or above ground pools
- Installs on roof, rack, ground or fence
- Patented web design for maximum exposure to sun's rays
- Uses existing pool pump
- Raises pool water temperature 6-10 degrees F
- Power Source Type: Manual
- MADE IN USA
- ☀️ Heat your pool in the environmentally friendly way, No electricity or gas connections
- ☀️ Extend your swimming season with warm water and heat your pool to a warm, comfortable temperature
- ☀️ Space saving and aesthetically pleasing when compared to solar panels
- ☀️ A protective cover is included to protect the dome when not in use
- ☀️ Solar powered swimming pool heater, Connects to 1.5 inch hoses
- SOLAR POOL HEATER: The GAME SolarPRO Curve Solar Pool Heater has been designed for above-ground and most inground pools. It increases the pool temperature by 5 degrees in 4 days (for an 8,000-gallon pool).
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: We’ve designed this above-ground solar pool heater with high-quality materials that will hold up against frequent exposure to the sun and outdoor elements.
- UNIQUE CURVED SHAPE: The GAME solar pool heater has been engineered with a unique curved shape that maximizes heat collection. The treaded ports have been added for versatile plumbing options.
- ADJUSTABLE LEGS: This solar heater is compatible with Intex, Bestways, and most above and inground pools. The adjustable and foldable legs allow the heater to be set for maximum exposure to the sun, along with a clear cover that locks in heat.
- THE PERFECT GRADUAL HEATER: This solar pool heater is not intended to be a miracle-cure heater. It’s designed to extend your pool season by gradually increasing the water temperature by a few degrees. Maximum heat output with space saving footprint
- ATTRACTIVE BLUE DESIGN - Sun2Solar solar blankets are made from a film of thousands of tiny bubbles, which work together to collect and retain heat both at night and on those chilly days. The blue color provides an appealing look while also using the sun’s rays to help warm your swimming pool.
- MINIMIZE WATER EVAPORATION - The use of a solar cover helps in preventing up to 95% of pool water evaporation. When not enjoying a refreshing swim, keeping your pool covered lessens the vast amount of water lost into the environment. Fill up your swimming pool less and enjoy it more!
- JUMP INTO WARMTH - Show friends and family your bravery by jumping in without the standard toe dip. Enter the swimming pool confidently knowing the Sun2Solar solar cover has kept the water warm just for you. It’s easy to put on and take off allowing more time for showing off.
- HEAT RETENTION - After everyone has called it a day with wrinkled fingers from too much fun in the sun, make sure to place this solar cover back atop the water. Don’t lose all of that warmth generated throughout the day when the sun sets. Assure your pool’s temperature does not drop too much by protecting it at night through use of a solar blanket.
- TRIM TO FIT - Your pool may be uniquely shaped and getting the right fit is as easy as finding a marker and sharp pair of scissors. Have the bubbles facing down to the water and trace a line on the cover showing where you should cut off the additional material. Do so confidently knowing this won’t affect the manufacturer’s warranty---they understand.
- Keep your pool warm with a polypropylene heat collector, solar heater features two threaded-elbow adapters
- Includes, end caps, stainless steel hose clamps, teflon tape, hoses for second collector
- Trilingual installation/operation manual (english/French/Spanish)
- Ordering Guide for Round Pools, 12 to 18 feet: One box, 21 to 24 feet: Two boxes, 27 to 28 feet: Three boxes
- Ordering guide for oval pools, 12 to 24 feet: one box, 15 to 30 or 16 to 25 feet: two boxes, 16 to 32 or 18 to 34 feet: three boxes
- Keep your pool warm with a polypropylene heat collector. Direct Flow System - One Header Hole for Each Heating Tube
- Solar heater features 80 square feet of solar panels
- Pool accessory is perfect for heating any in-ground swimming pool
- Panel array measures 4 feet wide x 20 feet long. Raises Pool Water Temperature 6-10°F (4-6°C)
- Installation kit required (Sold Separately)
- SOLAR POOL HEATER – The SunHeater Solar Pool Heating System allows you to capture free heat from the sun’s rays to effectively raise your pool water temperature. It’s an efficient and cost-effective method to heat your pool.
- EXTENDS POOL SEASON – Your pool’s pump pushes the water through the panel’s many tubes where it’s warmed by the sun and then returned into the pool. This system can raise the water temperature 6-10 degrees F and extend your pool season by weeks!
- EASY TO INSTALL – This pool solar heater uses your existing filtration system and has 4 end caps, 2 elbows for flex hose connection, 6 stainless steel hose clamps, 1 roll of Teflon tape, and rubber connector hoses.
- TUBE ON WEB DESIGN – The tube-web-tube design allows the SunHeater to capture the most sun possible, maximizing square footage. It offers rigid flexibility, allowing panels to expand and contract with changing temps, giving it the strength needed to last.
- DIMENSIONS – The SunHeater Solar Pool Heater includes two 2’ x 20’ panels, made of durable polypropylene. It’s a universal system that works for pools up to 31’ round or 18’ x 36’.
- Solar-heat-retaining cover for 15-foot round pools
- Reduces evaporation by 95 percent; retains heat
- Includes carry bag for storage when not in use
- Fits just inside edge of pool and floats in place
- Canadian PMRA registered (#24583)
- HEAT YOUR POOL - Solar Sun Rings are passive solar swimming pool heating devices, constructed from two layers of U.V. resistant vinyl. The upper clear layer directs the suns rays onto the bottom blue layer which absorbs about 50% of the sunlight, converting it to heat. The remaining sunlight filters through the ring into your pool water.
- WARMING DISCS - The majority of heat loss from a pool comes from the water surface at night. Solar Sun Rings do not cover the entire surface of your pool; therefore it allows heat to escape. To help keep the warm water in your pool at night we recommend you use additional insulation such as solar fish or a solar blanket.
- WHAT'S INCLUDED - Each unit contains 6 magnets that are used to attach the rings together. Do not over inflate. Do not use as a flotation device.
- SOLAR ACTIVATED - Use the Solar Sun Rings to provide heat to your swimming pool from the sun. Swim comfortably without wasting energy
- PLEASE NOTE - These Solar Sun Rings are NOT a solar cover or a replacement for a solar cover. These are floating disc heating devices.
- Can be easily placed and removed by one person within a few minutes
- Can be flipped over to decrease water temperature if desired
- Center section is now welded to the bottom of the outer ring, increasing the heat output
- Magnets on the corners attract and keep other rings together
- Grommets on the inner grid allow for easy drainage of excess water
So, what do you think? Which one do you think is the best solar pool heater?
Please leave a comment and let us know which solar pool heater did you end up purchasing and what made you choose that particular pool heater?
Also interested in learning about other types of Solar Powered Products and a wide range of Solar Powered Lights? We’ve got you covered, check out our Home Page for other hand-picked lists of solar-powered lights and you can learn more about our team of solar energy experts and curators on our About Us page.